[ExI] one way trip to mars

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 09:14:04 UTC 2011

----- Original Message ----

In the face of what Stephen Gould calls "deep time" that is the aeons, epochs,
and eras of geologic time, what is the difference between a life of 10 years or
a 100 years? In the grand scheme of things all things are temporary and the
stars are but candles in the wind. That being said, who in their right mind
would not gladly volunteer for a such an opportunity? If I were the only human
to ever step foot on mars and my mission a total failure otherwise, I would die
fulfilled beyond the reckoning of all those doomed to be forgeotten even by
their own descendants. I am actually that shocked so few volunteered. It just
goes to show how cowardly we have become compared to our ancestors of just a
generation or two prior.

Stuart LaForge

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence,
and energy of her citizens cannot cure."- Dwight D. Eisenhower