[ExI] one way trip to mars

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:02:37 UTC 2011

On 12 January 2011 18:24, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Difference is, one could - theoretically - return (to Europe, if not to
> England) from Australia.  Merchants did it a lot.

I do not think that the real issue is the ability to go back and forth
and to spend vacations at home.

In history, this has in fact been pretty rare amongst migrants.

The real issue is whether there might be some undetermined-time
sustainability for, and some possible travelling back to Earth from,
the very group which emigrated in the first place.

If such group is doomed to programmed extinction anyway, be it after
the expiration of the lifespan of its members, I understand that many
fail to see the point of embarking in such a project.

--
Stefano Vaj