[ExI] Intermittent liar puzzle #3 and #4

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jan 25 06:26:07 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of The
Avantguardian

Indeed. Well done, Spike. :-)

Stuart LaForge

Thanks.  Regarding my previous puzzle, unless I made a mistake in reasoning
(quite possible) the only times those statements work is on 1 thru 4 April.
As Adrian pointed out, there is no need for Darrel to say that Larry is
lying.  Both will always say that of each other throughout the year.  So the
puzzle reduces to:

Larry truths in consonant months only.  Darrel truths in vowel months only.
They utter the following:

Larry: It is August.  Last month I lied.  180 days hence I will lie again.

Darrel: It is not October.

When is it?

I am thinking of submitting it to the weekly puzzler on Click and Clack the
Tappet Brothers.  Have we any other Car Talk fans here?