[ExI] Fw: Re: atheists declare religions as scams.

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 15:50:26 UTC 2011

Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 January 2011 15:16, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Atheism makes a reasonable assumption, based on the
> available evidence (both the logical absurdities and the
> lack of physical evidence). ?That's not a Belief.
>
> Why should we feel bound by "reasonable assumptions"?
>
> I consider it my duty to disbelieve the existence of the
> supreme
> entity of monotheistic religions as a matter of faith and
> on moral
> grounds. ;-)
>
> I do not see how the fans of those religions could ever
> object to this.

That's fine, and I wouldn't argue with it a bit.  But it's not atheism.

Speaking personally, if there really was a Supreme Being, and it was everything it's cracked up to be by the god-squad people, I'd feel morally obliged to oppose it.  What kind of person wouldn't?  "Yes god loves you, and wants you to suffer horribly forever because you ate peanut butter on a Thursday, and he really doesn't like that kind of behaviour".

Ben Zaiboc