[ExI] fischer, positive feeback loops

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 31 00:06:03 UTC 2011

>>>American????     With a name like Hikaru Nakamura????
>>> Wikipedia says was he was born in Hirakata, Osaka Prefecture, Japan,
>>> to a Japanese father and an American mother. At the age of two, he moved

>>> with his parents to the United States.  BillK

>> Ooo, careful with that one, BillK.  Had a USian made that comment, the
>> yahoos would read into it a criticism of our current president.

>You think being born in Hawaii in 1961 is equivalent to being born in
Japan? No, actually, Hawaii  has been a US State since 1959. Or so we are
taught in Australia (not yet a US State)...Damien Broderick

No.  What I meant was the comment "American???? With a name like..." can
easily be interpreted as a snarky reference to the name Obama.

For the record, I am not one of those who thinks Obama was born in Kenya or
anywhere outside of Hawaii.

One of our own highly esteemed ExI types was also born in Hawaii in 1961:
Amara.  {8-]