[ExI] Space may not be quantized after all

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 1 15:24:21 UTC 2011

Apparently we don't know as much as we thought we did and our quantum theories need work. Quantum theories of Physics insist that space is quantized just like everything else, that is to say space can not be continuous but must be grainy and the lumps in space must be as large or larger than the Planck Length of 1.62*10^-35 of a meter because size is meaningless in quantum theories if things are smaller than that. But now to everybody's surprise there is experimental evidence that if space is quantized at all then the lumps must be smaller than 10^-48 of a meter; that's at least ten thousand billion times smaller than the Planck Length, the smallest size previously thought to exist and it makes one wonder if the smallest possible size is actually zero. For more see:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-06-physics-einstein.html

  John K Clark