[ExI] Social right to have a living

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:46:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> Human stupidity is rampant and increases when you make it supposedly "safe"
> to be stupid.  So?
>
> I can't protect idiots from their idiocy and I refuse to bind free and
> honest people to attempt to do so.

Ok, Samantha, I'm going to give you the opportunity to try and convert
me into an Anarchist/Capitalist. First, I buy the idea that the less
government, the better.

You state that an A/C state would have a private legal system. I agree
that there is a need for some kind of legal system, but when you have
one body (call it government or not) without a balance of power, does
it not make sense that the unbalanced power, in this case the
judicial, would become all powerful? How does your proposed system
prevent this NGO legal system from becoming the most powerful element
of society?

Also, since stupidity is so common and rampant, (also agreed) how do
we protect the smart from mobs of hungry stupid people? Do we have a
non-governmental police force/army? How do you keep that system from
becoming the most powerful element of society? How do you keep them
from accepting bribes and thus corrupting the system.

Corruption is at least as common as stupidity.

Finally, how do we protect the environment such that everyone has the
same ability to exploit nature without destroying it at the expense of
everyone else? To me, this is one area where the early USA did not
live up to the zeitgeist of today, and I don't want to go back. I
don't want environmentalist terrorism or dictatorship, but I do want
to protect the environment so that we don't get strip mines everywhere
leaking heavy metals into the water sources. This was pretty common in
the early western united states and I don't want to go back to that
sort of anarchy.

Also, how do you strike a balance in protecting children from their
parents, and parental rights? Who does this if there is no government?

The closest thing we have in history to anarchy/capitalism is the wild
west, no? It did not seem to be the best system in history to me.

I am sincere in that if you can answer my questions, I'm more than
willing to give up my psychological crutch of the necessity of
government.

-Kelly