[ExI] H+ Flash Media Team

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Tue Jul 12 13:27:38 UTC 2011

Flash media comment group now open for general membership on Facebook.
So if anyone has a desire to mouth off in public on H+ topics in
newspapers etc, go for it!

Details here:

http://tinyurl.com/645hbdh
 <http://www.facebook.com/groups/218570128181012>
and the group itself here:

 <http://tinyurl.com/645hbdh>http://www.facebook.com/groups/218570128181012

The purpose of this project is to provide a rapid response in online
media to H+ related stories.
For example, the comments pages of newspapers.
The idea is that editors want to maximize readership and reader
feedback helps them do so.
So if an article is slanted against H+ and receives a lot of criticism
from the readers comments the editor may well decide its not good for
business and shift bias accordingly.

This of course impacts literally millions of other readers minds and
is a very cheap and powerful method of media influence. The mechanism
envisaged is an online alert between team members, hopefully hundreds
eventually, followed by a percentage of them logging onto the site in
question and dominating the discussion.

So, a number of points which have arisen:

a) This is now an -inter-org project and as such will not be
exclusively ZS, nor necessarily dominated by ZS

b) A neutral forum will be used for member alerts, probably FaceBook,
bearing in mind that this is about the most popular common connection
point

c) The idea is that people who are interested in the project sign up
to a FB group (to be created), and receive alerts about articles of
interest. Similarly, anyone who sees an article of interest posts it
on the FB group.

d) Not everyone has to post on everything they see - just dive in on
articles or publications that are of interest to you. Try to make one
comment per day as a minimum. If a thousand of us do that, it's
365,000 per year!

e) Try to focus on major media outlets, and not waste time with "lone
nuts" mouthing off on YouTube or whatever. Unless they are very
popular lone nuts!

f) I would like to try to recruit people from the major orgs and lists
to spread the word in their own environment

g) This needs to be international, and not merely focused on the
English speaking world. Once a successful project template has been
established I would hope that various people or orgs in different
nations copy the format and modus operandi using their local FB in the
local language.

h) No "party line" or pre-scripted response, because we all know why
we are here and all have our own opinions within that remit and can
explain in our own words. We should also be free to disagree about
methods, but not aims in public (we *do* want an H+ future, I assume?)

i) MOST IMPORTANT! - only post URLs on this group for members to
respond to. It is not designed for chat. The reason should be obvious,
but if we had 1000 members who all felt like saying something on the
group every day every member would be getting 1000 emails a day and
the whole thing would go down in flames. Argue and discuss at the URL
site - not on the FB group please.

Could those interested please pass this message onto other groups and
lists that may contain people interested in joining.