[ExI] rugged individualists

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 14:02:55 UTC 2011

Well, that's the key narrative behind statism: yeah, the state is robbing you and, heck, it might even shot you dead, but you do get some benefits from it. No doubt, the English told the same to the Irish (and the Scots, etc.) when they invaded -- just as the US does today when it invades -- er, liberates some neighborhood* or country. "Hey, you could be worse off! Don't knock it! And crawl a little faster, boy!"

Regards,

Dan

* Just thinking of the antiwar protest sign from the Vietnam Era: "US out of Brooklyn!" (This was alongside "US out of Vietnam!")