[ExI] organic olympics, was: RE: the myth of the US "liberal media"

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jul 16 18:20:45 UTC 2011

On 16 July 2011 09:43, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The recent 60 minutes story on the East German's use of steroids and
other medications to cheat at the Olympics showed what was typical...

>..."Cheat"? Rather a strange POV for a transhumanist... :-)  -- Stefano Vaj

Ja.  I propose we have two separate classes of competition.  The regular
Olympics, anything goes, any kind of performance enhancing whatever they
want, all is welcome.  Then as a separate class of competition, we keep the
old school notion of not using anything, perhaps taking it to the extreme of
disallowing exercise or practice, so the athletes are not pumped or sculpted
wonders of bodybuilding magnificence, but rather just natures gifts only.
Those competitions cost more to attend, with a much smaller audience and no
world records, but it's all natural, the way evolution intended.

Propose calling that the Organic Olympics.