[ExI] is god to blame? or is it the fires?.

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Jul 18 08:29:45 UTC 2011

Pah. Such a simplistic approach is an affront to the Great Weatherman in the
Sky. Clearly what is needed is a well-formulated PGO equation ("Pissing God
Off"). Only after deep meditation on scripture by the most faithful might
such an equation be derived. I am not worthy.

But I humbly suggest it include not only the number of wicked gay people
(and other damned preverts) in a state or region, but also total number of
prayer hours, depth of devotion, amount of tithing, degree of pain inflicted
through self-flagellation, number of brave acts of faith-based denial of
evidence (especially concerning the Devilish doctrine of evilution), and
other factors that elude my unworthy mind.

PGO Equation:

Amount of precipitation and desired temperature = xGays x PH x DD x $T x
P-SF x F

All true believers must acknowledge, however, that (as St. Thomas Aquinas
observed) God is All and Infinite. Thus any offense against God is an
infinite offence deserving of infinite punishment (in this case high
temperature). The PGO Equation cannot constrain God in his infinite power
and wisdom. It can only serve as our completely irrational -- I mean
faith-based -- attempt to retain a shred of self-importance in the face of
an infinitely superior being.

--Max

 On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>wrote:

> On 7/18/2011 12:06 AM, john clark wrote:
>
>     "Okla. governor calls for prayer to end heat wave"
>>
>> It is well known that the ultimate root cause of the flooding in New
>> Orleans was not a hurricane but rather the gay lifestyle that was
>> extensive in that city; so my modest proposal is that the governor
>> invite some (but not too many) homosexuals to live in Oklahoma. By
>> carefully adjusting the number of gays there you could precisely
>> regulate God's displeasure and thus the amount of precipitation falling
>> in the state.
>>

> That might work, but it's not guaranteed. It's equally likely that a number
> of the tallest buildings (do they have tall buildings in Oklahoma?) will be
> destroyed instead by Islamic terrorists doing God's will, as Pat Robertson
> and Jerry Falwell explained in the case of 9/11.

Max More
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*
CEO, Alcor Life Extension Foundation