[ExI] Human Enhancement & Life Extension: Alchemists of the future

*Nym* nymphomation at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:12:48 UTC 2011

2011/7/19 Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc>:
> How would you link transhumanism to the flavor of Alchemy that ties into
> science, rather than mysticism? In other words, what chemistry is crucial to
> human enhancement that propose extension of life and expansion of personhood
> onto non-biological platforms that was present in the works of protoscience
> and the Alchemists such as Paracelsus and Magnus?
>
> Or do we look at Alchemy as a weird science that has little, if any,
> significance to the present development of life extension because of its
> cultish nature and our need to sever that journalist and resulting
> postmodernist accusation about transhumanism that has so arrogantly bitten
> our behinds for two decades?

Is this related to recent outbursts by Aaron Franz?  That guy seems
obsessed by the occult & such like, so constructing logical arguments
against him is probably a waste of time.  One might find something
useful in his self published book, the 1st chapter of which can be
downloaded from his site http://theageoftransitions.com/

HTH

Heavy splashings,
Thee Nymphomation

'If you cannot afford an executioner, a duty executioner
will be appointed to you free of charge by the court'