[ExI] Libertarianism wins again...

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 17:20:54 UTC 2011

I'm not sure there's one libertarian agenda -- aside from pushing for the core libertarian principle of non-initiation of force.

But, in this respect, the strict libertarian view on drug re-legalization is not pragmatic* and it's certainly not about taxing the drug trade. Instead, it's about allowing people to do as they please with their bodies, including injesting chemicals you and others might not approve of.

Regards,

Dan

* Actually, the non-libertarian argument for an end to drug prohibition is that such prohibition doesn't work, makes things worse, and has other side effects. Implied in this view is that drug prohibition would for be fine and dandy if only it worked. In other words, whatever curtailment of freedom one desires is okay as long as one can achieve it. And one merely runs a cost-benefit analysis. That is not a libertarian view of things.