[ExI] Extropian sf writers

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 09:07:54 UTC 2011

 Nym wrote:
I think you could say the same of Ken MacLeod's Fall Revolution
series, especially The Stone Canal & Cassini Division. Uploading
enthusiasts and their AI offspring, and also greens, are thoroughly
demonised in those two. I found it amusing that Stross & MacLeod
covered very similar territory, though MacLeod was writing 5 or 10
years earlier. They also seem to have overlapping social circles in
Edinburgh, so I wonder if they got together to compare notes..?

But Ken MacLeod has said in interviews that he does not view Extropians in
the most favorable light.

John