[ExI] Why no space colonies or lunar bases? was Mooon. (Keith Henson)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 05:45:58 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Neither was the switch from hunting-and-gathering to agriculture and animal
>> breeding... :-)
>
> Actually, it was.  There weren't a lot of people objecting to it.

Adrian, how do you know this? It occurred prior to the invention of
writing. Also, there are oral stories in Egypt of wars between the
agricultural settlers and nomads. Some historians believe that the
reason civilization rose in Egypt is precisely because it was so
defensible against nomads. I imagine that while there were many people
objecting to agriculture, however, we no longer have a cultural memory
of the losers.

Have any of you ever even MET a nomad? :-)

-Kelly