[ExI] The difference between Discovery and Design.

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 27 17:26:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, 7/26/11, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
"General relativity is sometimes offered as a counter example to the concept
suggested.  Had Einstein never been born, we would surely have had special
relativity.  Others were working on that at the time or were close to it.
But it isn't entirely clear that we would have general relativity.  I think
we probably would have found it eventually by now, but that one is so free
of immediate applications I wouldn't bet on it."
And Einstein discovered the fundamental physical principle behind the LASER in 1917, but nobody actually made a working LASER until 1960. However even in 1917 the technology was good enough to do so, all the parts existed and they just needed to be put together in the right way and it wouldn't have cost more than a few hundred dollars.

And if Aristotle had been just a tad smarter he could have come up with the Theory of Evolution more than 2 thousand years before Darwin, he had everything he needed to do so but genius.

  John K Clark