[ExI] No Moon Bases Needed

Kevin G Haskell kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:24:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:31:50 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 04:50:50PM -0400, Kevin Haskell wrote:

(Why would we need moon bases if we hope to evolve, soon?  Who would pay
for)

>Evolving is hard work, and takes a lot of resources. Might be not
so soon as many think.

Evolving is hard work, but it is happening faster and faster already, and
the heavy resources should be invested in something that is realistic at
this point.  The greatest resource is the human mind, soon to be the
Transhuman mind, and if the Transhumans find a need to go the moon, then
they will do so much more quickly and efficiently.

> (such an expensive venture?  I think we should be focusing on spending
>our)

>How else are you supposed to get the energy and resources, given
>http://www.energybulletin.net/stories/2011-07-18/galactic-scale-energy<http://www.energybulletin.net/stories/2011-07-18/galactic-scale-energy>
>?

There are so many things with the article in this link that I can't even
begin dissecting it.  While not just extrapolate the numbers that humans
will use in the next million years?  How about throwing out any assumption
of technological advances, or that population is expected to become stable
in less then 50 years to between 9 and 10 billion people? These numbers
provided in the article are absurd.

> (resources on bettering humanity through Transhumanism and working toward
the)

>You see many resources spent on transhumanism?

Increasingly, yes, and I wish to see that trend continue at an every
quickening pace.  I more Capitalistic system would do wonders.

> (Singularity.  Wasting money on moon bases would only divert trillions of
> dollars from money that should be otherwise be directed at something
> productive for the human race.)

>MWh feed, clothe and house people. With real information ecology,
>MHw will directly power people.

MWh is? I think I get the gist, and have to say, the only way we hope to
feed, clothe, and house people, is through continued freeing of state-run
nations to market-based ones, as we have been seeing happen world-wide. Good
intentions aren't enough, nor realistic.  Well-reasoned self-interested is
the most empathetic people can be by providing the wealth needed to produce
the goods and services need for all people.

Kevin