[ExI] Moon Bases Not Needed (Kevin) (Dan)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:42:06 UTC 2011

2011/7/29 Kevin G Haskell <kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com>:
> If things go horrible on Earth, it will be a quick and easy stop off at the
> moon by the new AGI species to finish the job and end the rest of us.

Besides the fact that I do not buy for a second the millennial,
golem-like fantasies about the "Big, Bad AGIs" chasing down humans out
of sheer malice (if anything I would be more concerned about
hypothetical "friendly" entities such as Williamson's Humanoids), the
issue would not be that of being "unreachable", but rather of taking
away the pressure both for "us" and for our hypothetically "competing"
children of the mind arising from the increasing scarceness of finite
resources, by uncorking the bottle.

--
Stefano Vaj