[ExI] a foaf is sick

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jun 1 06:08:41 UTC 2011

If anyone is in the mood to do a good deed that doesn't cost anything, I
heard a friend of a friend is seriously ill, but his daughter is checking
his email, so if you want to send a foafoaf best wishes for a speedy
recovery, his name is Robert Watt, litebulb75 at hotmail.com thanks, but no
mention of cryonics please, I don't think he would know what that is (never
met the guy, didn't even exchange emails.)

I have pondered this question long and hard, never did figure out the
answer:  is there a good way to introduce the notion of cryonics to an
already sick person?  It seems like it should be equivalent to discussing
funeral arrangements, so all I can figure is if the patient decides to
initiate the topic of funerals, you can say: funeral schmuneral, you will
get better, and in any case, cryonics is the techno-hip thing to do, not
some weepy old-fashioned silliness like getting incinerated or being thrown
into a hole.  Cryonics helps your own family cope, and furthermore, it's one
of those things where it doesn't matter whether you believe in it or not, it
either works or it doesn't either way.

Something along those lines.