[ExI] question for twitter hipsters

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:09:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 08:30:33AM -0700, spike wrote:
>
>> Stay tuned, this will be a short one.  A short *time* I mean, to resolution.
>
> Befitting today's attention spa... oooh, a bright and shiny object. Pretty.

I now hear that there is a conservative Canadian politician who claims
that his blackberry "accidentally" took a picture inside his pocket
and tweeted/facebooked it all over creation. Will the insanity never
end? I don't know if you can set up a blackberry to auto post EVERY
picture you take to Facebook, but maybe.

Spike, I am not a facebook/tweeter expert either, but I do believe
that they can be linked such that anything you tweet shows up on your
facebook wall (and vice versa?) So someone hacking your FB account
might be able to arrange for a privates tweet (couldn't resist) to be
published more widely. This MIGHT imply that he did send a package of
his picture to the girl, and it inadvertently got more widely spread
(er, distributed). This kind of change might have been made by a
staffer as well, so it might have just been accidental rather than
malicious. So the staffer could be responsible for tweeting the staff.
(You are right, this is just too easy.)

Time will tell, and as you pointed out, not much time these days.

-Kelly