[ExI] How was the SLC S.I. Summit???

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jun 5 20:57:38 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Brent Allsop
Subject: Re: [ExI] How was the SLC S.I. Summit???

On 6/5/2011 2:16 PM, spike wrote:

>> Peter Thiel was at Extro4 briefly, but no one knew him back in those
days.  I did only because he and I played chess at a mutual friend's house.

>Ah!  I had an inkling that was THE Peter in my memory, yet couldn't
remember for sure, since nobody did know about Peter back then.  I think I
remember just this lunch!  We walked some place off site right? where was
it? and I remember walking behind you, Peter and others talking about all
that great stuff.  Thanks for the help with my memory!

Brent Allsop

I don't recall the name of the place.  Greg Burch was with us, and yes it
was a walk, somewhere near (I think) the intersection of University and
Martin Luther King Blvd.  Lots of good eateries over there.

I was doing more listening than talking in those days.  I was in awe of the
smart guys, Greg, Anders, Sasha, Peter, those were the ones who stick in my
mind.  K. Eric Drexler was there, but didn't go with us on that lunch run,
nor was  Stephen Wolfram, but as I recall he was offended by a comment
someone made about Mathematica and left early.  {8^D  Gregory Stock was
there, interesting chap, Ed Regis, several others who wrote books I like.
Fun times.