[ExI] doh! there is no god particle

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Jun 10 21:12:39 UTC 2011

spike wrote:

> CERN has not found God particle:

Yet. This whole story is just because the Tevatron people in the US
desperately hoped for a last hurrah. Unfortunately they didn't succeed.
CERN is just moving along boringly according to plan...

That spherical parking house is quite cool. I saw it this Tuesday when I
lifted off from Geneva airport - the LHC runs partially under the
runways, so for two brief moments I passed above the beams (assuming
they were on). I'm even wearing my CERN sweater right now. (what, me
fanboy?)

In other particle physics rumors, people at the T2K experiment at
Super-Kamiokande seems to be excited about something...

(If the Higgs is the god particle and antimater is devilish, are
neutrinos agnostic?)

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute