[ExI] Media generations

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:56:47 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 01:18, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Since we tend to become used to some media but not others we also tend to
> form "media generations" that prefer using certain media but not others. I'm
> fine with cellphoning but less eager to message, I happily email and blog
> but find twitter rather hopeless as an input source - and social networking
> sites a scary attention diverter. Other people have made or adapted to other
> media choices, and communications between these media generations will be
> limited.

Quite exactly where I stand. :-)

Probably we belong to the same media generation. :-)

OTOH, one wonders where VR fits in. I have mixed feelings about it, but I
suspect that its (relative) decline might have sthg to do with social
networking media, which is principle would seem much less "cutting edge"
that the former used to appear...

--
Stefano Vaj