[ExI] Isn't Bostrom seriously bordering on the reactionary?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:43:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> As we never left Africa, Keith doesn't exist.

It was clever monkeys that left Africa - not intelligences living a
million times faster than the 'real' world. Reality stops
for these beings. The outside universe is 'frozen' for them.

> Life is pretty good at restructuring their habitat into something
> liveable. You're not moving somewhere because the pebbles are rounder,
> but because there's a city.

You won't / can't move when you are part of the hive-mind living in a
universe where effectively nothing happens outside of the hive.
Resistance is futile.

BillK