[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 93, Issue 30

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Jun 22 23:57:35 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 01:29 PM, natasha at natasha.cc wrote:
> For me, I am not a libertarian, an anarchist or a singulartarian.  I
> am transhumanist and I support Extropy above all else.  I don't like
> Extropy tethered to other stuff that is not expressly focused on life
> expansion and well being.

Many of us can and have argued (I think not badly) that many key
libertarian ideas are essential to continued well-being and to the
freedom to push the envelope to bring our dreams into reality.  To the
extent we are right then eschewing being a libertarian / anarchist is
not helpful.  The term "well-being" is meaningless without teasing out
what that takes.  Is "life expansion" the same as "life extension" or
everything that is needed for a fuller life which very much pulls in the
nature of the kind of beings we are and ethics and politics.   I could
be wrong but I rather doubt any old ethics and politics will do or that
all are equally likely to get us where we want to be.