[ExI] bees again

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 23 13:36:09 UTC 2011

About four or five years ago we had a discussion here about the colony
collapse syndrome that was being observed.  I noticed at the time several
bees that were too sick to fly but were not perishing of old age.  They
tended to perish quickly after I observed them walking or crawling about.
This evening I noticed four bees in that condition, which is about what I
was seeing four or five years ago.  Stand by for news of another colony
collapse.  I haven't heard anything, and there were the usual numbers of
bees about this spring.