[ExI] Geert Wilders acquitted

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 23 22:33:36 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Damien Broderick

Thanks Damien.  The last comment in the article caught my full and undivided:

>... the legal process against Wilders is at an end here. But a lawyer for many of the Muslim plaintiffs say they will take their case beyond Dutch borders to the U.N. Human Rights Committee in Geneva.

Can some Euro-hipsters explain?  This threat in itself brings up so many questions.  If one is found innocent of blasphemy in one's own country, and the prosecutors appeal up to the UN, and the UN decides the infidel has in fact committed blasphemy, then what?  Is Europe now a single nation and citizens of Europe must submit to a new and greater authority?  Does it apply to USians?  Do the rules against blasphemy now apply to *any* religion?  If I made disparaging comments about the Prophet Ellen White or make sketches of the Prophet Joseph Smith, can I be summoned before the blasphemy court of the United Nations?  If I preface every sentence with "I do not condone violence of any kind, nor wish to disparage any creed or people, but yakkity yak and bla bla, then may I substitute the yakkities with anything I want?  If so, I could write a script to insert that phrase after each sentence in an essay.  Then the reader could write a script which would subtract it back out, allowing communications without the risk UN legal action against blasphemy.

I do not condone violence of any kind, nor wish to disparage any creed or people, but BLASPHEMY, SHEESH!  I do not condone violence of any kind, nor wish to disparage any creed or people, but THIS IS THE DAMN 21st CENTURY!  I do not condone violence of any kind, nor wish to disparage any creed or people, but JAYSUS CHROIST MATE!