[ExI] The top secret military research programs we don't get to hear about (was: working memory implant! wow!)

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 02:49:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 09:52:23PM -0400, Will Steinberg wrote:
>> Except for the kind I do with my mouth, to another person's ear, and the
>> only middlemen are air particles!
>
> That kind of communication is (so far) safe because it's not threatening
> since it doesn't scale.

Since you (all) covered the cell phone and web-based data collection,
I'll add this link to cover the real-time remote monitoring potential
of a phased-array microphone at a stadium or similar place in which
you thought were safe to talk among a large noisy crowd:
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/10/super-microphone-picks-out-single-voice-in-a-crowded-stadium/