[ExI] flying cars?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:06:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 12:16 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
> Subject: Re: [ExI] flying cars?
>
>>...I can't imagine that the environmentalists are going to let anything
> like this happen,
>
> Ja, I will be sure to not ask their permission.

Didn't you just explain how lawyers ruin everything? I can just
imagine the California condor being pushed again to the brink of
extinction by flying cars... :-)

>>... since any machine of this sort is going to get worse mileage than a
> Hummer... -Kelly
>
> Worse mileage than a Hummer?  In free flight, it would get worse mileage
> than a loaded semi-truck.  But in ground effect it would likely do OK.

ya.

> Something like this racing around cones on a frozen lake would be a terrific
> sport.  We need new sports.  The ones we have all have evolved excellent
> strategies, so that the best of the best all play nearly indistinguishably.
> But a new sport doesn't yet have an optimal strategy, so it is being
> developed real-time.

Certainly mileage isn't so important for sport. But what kind of sport
is it if it can only be flown by computer, not by people? Just
wondering out loud here...

> Since this thing would be difficult to control, I envision time trials with
> only one vehicle out there at a time.  To make it a competition between
> drivers (pilots?) everyone would drive (fly?) the same air-bike, then see
> who can run the course the fastest.
>
> Oh my, there is money to be made here.

Always. But it will take a great promoter, something like the x games
people glomming onto it.

-Kelly