[ExI] Superior Autobiographical Memory

Henrique Moraes Machado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:18:36 UTC 2011

<Max More>
I wish I had seen this. My autobiographical memory seems to be particulary
weak. I've learned to compensate by keeping written notes of events, because
I know that I'm likely to forget them otherwise -- unless they are extremely
vivid. For instance, Spike and others were recently talking about some
eminent people who attended an Extro conference, yet I have NO memory of
that.
I consider this a major disability and it makes me sad.
I have very pictures from childhood, so very few memory cues. Things have
improved over the years as photos and other forms of information about
events have become ever more prolific and convenient.
Does anyone else here have the sense that their memory of past events is
particularly poor?
</Max More>

That depends. I have perfect recall of every embarassment I've had in my
entire life. But the rest is harder to remember.