[ExI] wii controllers

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:43:55 UTC 2011

2011/6/28 Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>:
> Great thread!  Hopefully the game companies are on the ball enough to
> continue on this path and use the current stuff as a base for better and
> better VR, then we can all see the awesome cyber-world we all desire a la
> snow crash or whatnot.

I'm actually more excited about what Wii and Kinect can do for the
non-game world. My current work, in fact, is using the Kinect to do
some non-game programming. It is a little early to broadcast what I'm
doing, but I'd be happy to chat one on one with anyone who is
interested.

The Kinect is the next mouse. It won't replace the mouse any more than
the mouse replaced the keyboard, but I think it will have just as much
impact, and not just in games. What I'm really excited about is
changing the focal length, and tweaking the recognition, so that the
Kinect will work on a person sitting at their desk from, say, the top
of their laptop. Then you can recognize individual finger joint
positions, facial expressions, and of course gross movements. That's
going to be really big. There is absolutely zero reason that this
can't and won't be the case in three years.

-Kelly