[ExI] Writing: Scrivener - Mac or PC?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:20:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM,  natasha wrote:
> Hi -   I was just looking at Scrivener and it is mighty nice to look at.
>  But when I went to purchase it, it did not look so hot for the PC:
>
> Mac:  http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
> PC:   http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivenerforwindows/
>
> Is this because more designers use Macs and marketing hooks them with  a
> pretty webpage?  It certainly made me want to get a Mac and toss my PC.

According to the Scrivener website the PC version is an early beta version.
i.e. not fully tested or function complete yet. They are still working on it.
<http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivenerforwindows/>

This article might be useful for alternatives for the PC, as suggested
by the author of Scrivener---
<http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2010/06/scrivener-style-functions-for-the-pc/57791/>

BillK