[ExI] Scanners live in vain

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 01:04:01 UTC 2011

This is a tedious question, but maybe among all you techheads--

About 10 years ago I bought a Canoscanner D646U ex in Australia, and
eventually had it shipped here recently to the US with all my other
stuff. Here of course the mains power supply is 110 rather than 240
volts, and the 3-point Aussie plug is incompatible (speaking of poking
holes). So my AC adapter doesn't work. I would like to try using a US AC
adapter, but I can't see anywhere what voltage it would have to step
down to. 12v? 6v? something else?

Any kindly extrope have a clue on this? (I know, I could go out and buy
a new and better one, but I hate the waste.)

Damien Broderick