[ExI] Wizard Calculating Device

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 02:22:42 UTC 2011

2011/2/28 Darren Greer <darren.greer3 at gmail.com>:
> P.S. My pet peeve re cubes were the idiots in junior high school that used
> to peel off the stickers and solve it that way. A completely pointless
> exercise and a waste of a good cube. :)

My solution was to disassemble, sort, reassemble.  Not exactly at
"race" speeds, but it was a better solution than peeling the stickers
(that they never again were aligned properly offended my aesthetic
sense)

Isn't the whole toy kind of a waste of time? (I know: *gasp* destroy
the infidel non-nerd!) Or are we going to say that it helps build
spatial reasoning or something?

If I have offended too many childhood memories (yeah, I had one too)
I would ask the same of Sudoku:  What is the purpose of solving these
grids of numbers?  I don't understand the fascination.  I don't
understand Farmville either though, so maybe the problem is mine.