[ExI] General comment about all this quasi-libertarianism discussion

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 03:35:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Kelly Anderson wrote:
>>>>
> After all, you did exactly this to me, when I wrote a paper giving a
> theoretical analysis of AGI.  You gave me no quarter, eventually insinuating
> that nothing I was doing was "science", asking me to point to which of my
> papers contained some "science", etc etc.  And you even (in the last post)
> implied that I was not developing some code to support my research (which I
> am).

<snip>

> Turnabout is fair play.

The difference is that I FULLY ADMIT that my libertarianism is
PHILOSOPHY not science. So far as I can tell philosophers have never
been asked to prove anything. Scientists... well. The interesting
thing to me is that nobody has ever tried the experiment of full
libertarianism, while nearly every other hypothetical governmental
form has been tried with varying degrees of success. The early USA is
the closest approximate, and it led to a great nation that then turned
its back on its roots, IMHO.

-Kelly