[ExI] libertarian (asteroid) defense

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:01:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> Kelly Anderson wrote:
> This is why I am a bit worried
> about even "mere" 1 km impacts.

The Tunguska event in 1908 Siberia is supposed to have been the result
of an asteroid or comet less than 100m across... That would have been
a real mess in a populated area! I don't know for sure, but I'd guess
that there are more smaller asteroids than big ones. And while there
is no historical evidence of an asteroid killing a human being, there
is at least one incident of a car being hit. The smaller ones are
harder to find, and once all the large ones are mapped, I hope we
continue to look for smaller and smaller asteroids and comets.

-Kelly