[ExI] Extrope Robert Bradbury Has Died

Max More max at maxmore.com
Thu Mar 3 06:18:13 UTC 2011

Damn.

Robert, as some of you old-timers will know, was a former director of
Extropy Institute. He was an extremely smart guy and a major advocate of
(and practical entrepreneur for) life extension and other transhumanist
goals.

I'm not only extremely unhappy to hear of his sudden and unexpected death,
but also distressed that he had no arrangements for cryopreservation (to the
best of my knowledge). That's quite surprising and, frankly, appalling given
Robert's understanding of the technology and future possibilities. This is
especially distressing because Alcor has people in Florida, where he died,
who could have started the transport and cooldown on very short notice.

Robert had his oddities but was always intelligent and probing and on the
side of life. All we can do for him now is remember him. It's something, but
it's very little, for he is gone forever.

--- Max

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>wrote:

>   L. Stephen Coles, M.D., Ph.D., Co-Founder,    Los Angeles Gerontology
> Research Group, reports:
>

> I have just been informed by David Kekich (who heard from Robert's older
> Brother) that Robert Bradbury passed away either late Saturday night or
> early Sunday
> morning (in Florida where he was caring for his Father), of a completely
> unexpected
> and sudden hemorrhagic stroke, for which no one was prepared.
>

> --

Max More
Strategic Philosopher
Co-founder, Extropy Institute