[ExI] Extrope Robert Bradbury Has Died

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 06:29:14 UTC 2011

Steve Coles adds:

"David Kekich told me that Robert had not signed up for any cryonic
suspension in any form."

This is all very dismaying. I was not a close pal of Robert's, but he
wrote a lengthy and excellent piece on his invention, the Matrioshka
Brain or MBrain, for my anthology YEAR MILLION, and I quoted him
extensively in THE SPIKE; he was a ferment of ideas, with an apparent
grasp of diverse technical fields. On one occasion he generously used
frequent flyer points he'd accrued in excess to help me fly to the
States from Australia to attend a Foresight conference. I gather he
burned through a substantial inheritance 15 or 20 years ago trying to
get a life-extension research organization to takeoff point, but it was
too early and he wasn't Aubrey. A side effect might have been later
problems with finances that probably prevented his signing up with Alcor.

He'll be missed.

Damien Broderick