[ExI] Extrope Robert Bradbury Has Died

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Thu Mar 3 16:45:50 UTC 2011

On 03/03/2011 07:44 AM, spike wrote:
> Information hipsters, it is OK to grab photos off of the deceased's homepage
> for that person's obituary?  If he made it public, then that means its
> public, right?
>
> spike
Not exactly.

A slightly over simplified response is that there is a difference
between "making something public" and "putting it in the public
domain".  A more nuanced response involves asking about jurisdiction,
legal arrangements, etc.  This is why specifically putting images and/or
texts under one of the appropriate Creative Commons licenses is a good
idea if you want them to be used in this situation.

But in this case I doubt if anyone would object.

Fred