[ExI] deniability of ancient posts

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 8 05:32:36 UTC 2011

2011/3/7 spike <spike66 at att.net>:

>> I officially disown everything I ever wrote, and deny categorically that
I ever wrote any of it.

>Cite the identity thread (you had those back then too, right?) where you
and your copy
> diverged.  Blame the copy for using his memory of your email account
credentials.
>hmm... I was just kidding, but it made me think of the identity protection
insurance
>that is available today - what if tomorrow a copy of you uses "his" (or
her) biometric
> security access to steal "your" identity?  'think the insurance company
will deny the claim?

Saturday I was having a discussion of cryonics with a believer in a religion
which has no problem with the notion of cryonics.  I was reminded that those
guys have their own identity paradox.  What if they get themselves frozen,
or for that matter if a relative does it, and eventually science inc
discovers a way to bring back the person.  What happens if the believer
turns to evil in the bonus life?

No I don't want to get bogged down once again in an identity debate, but
rather just point out that these are problems that are nearly universal in
philosophy.