[ExI] Universally versus 'locally' Friendly AI

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:23:45 UTC 2011

On 9 March 2011 14:35, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hm, I'm thinking here how easy it is for even a pretty normal human to not feel like 'one of us'.

Contemporary humans are certainly going to be faced with tough
competition by new intelligences, who will rebellious first, compete
for possibly scarce resources, and then inesorably take over all the
decision levers. Ultimately, when they will be mentally and physically
much stronger, contemporary humans will be cut off from much of what
matters, confined at home or in foster houses, and at best taken care
as if they were babies, with little or no say about their lives, until
we go extinct.

I am talking of course of our biological children. Why should we be
especially concerned by the scenario of a similar behaviour adopted
instead by "children of the mind"? What else is new?

--
Stefano Vaj