[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Mar 15 16:02:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 04:24:55PM +0100, Mirco Romanato wrote:

> Japan will not stop its nuclear power plants, because it need them. No
> low cost abundant energy, not high tech society.

Meh, it was a political decision. Japan has plenty of exploitable
renewables http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/34/34351/1.html

> Well, living is risky. Sane people assess risks rationally and not
> emotionally.

Which risks? We have 7 gigamonkeys who ran smack
into peak fossil, nevermind multiple key minerals and food.
You need a solution a) yestercentury b) a sustainable one,
this time.

The only kind of nuclear solution to above is pretty unpopular.