[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 15 16:20:19 UTC 2011

...> On Behalf Of Richard Loosemore
...Subject: Re: [ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Mirco Romanato wrote:
>> We are, not You are, here all excited about a tragedy in developing,
>> feed by TV, web and others...

>... but all this really should be within the capacity of the people who are
citing these numbers, so I feel it would be waste of my time...Richard
Loosemore

This incident may have slain nuclear power permanently.  Reasoning: it
severely damaged investor confidence.  Investors must take into account not
only the safety of a system, but also the public perception of the safety of
a system.  Protestors and legal roadblocks drive up costs.  Solar power and
high cost energy-efficiency technology have now become the path of choice.

Regardless of the outcome at this point, nuclear power has sustained
irreparable harm in Japan.  "No Nukes" is a meme that is made powerful by
its being able to fit on a bumper sticker.  No investors, no power plant.