[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Mar 15 17:03:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 05:49:54PM +0100, Mirco Romanato wrote:

> > What's your source for this?
>
> http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/03/deaths-per-twh-by-energy-source.html
> It is a re-edited version of a post post of Brian Wang

I stopped reading that blog long ago. Frankly Brian can't
tell shit from shinola, and that little signal it carries
does not compensate the fact-checking load on side of his
audience.

> http://nextbigfuture.com/2008/03/deaths-per-twh-for-all-energy-sources.html
>
> There there are all the link to the relevant sources.

I see, so when building a structure with integral photovoltaics
who can chalk up contruction accidents for entire facility to
evil sunray deaths from above. Clever. I suggest also factoring
in melanoma death from solar exposure, that will bulk them
numbers up.

And of course framing the debate as if there's just one
alternativeless option is a classical nuclear troll tactic.

Another thing I'll predict: there will be a great mud-slinging
fight on this very list before the week's out.