[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Mar 15 19:32:54 UTC 2011

Il 15/03/2011 17.06, Richard Loosemore ha scritto:
> Mirco Romanato wrote:

>> Statistically solar kill 11 times more than nuclear. But it is
>> people falling from floor. They can die in droves, as radiation is
>> not involved.

> I have seen this meaningless statistic repeated frequently in recent
>  days.  It has no significance whatsoever:  the same type of
> reasoning could be used to prove that the 9/11 attacks in the U.S.
> were of no importance.  I could take the trouble to explain the
> maximum potential for damage, the aftereffects, damage to
> environment, the link between personal action and damage..... but all
> this really should be within the capacity of the people who are
> citing these numbers, so I feel it would be waste of my time.

In fact, they were insignificant for some aspects and significant for
others.
Stopping the international trading for days was worse than the attack.
In many ways the reaction was more damaging than the attacks.
And no, I'm not talking about the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.
The creation of the Homeland Security was more damaging to the public
than the attacks in the long run.

Capitalists, paying and losing their money would had acted differently
from bureaucrats and politicians.

--
Leggimi su Extropolitica Blog <http://extropolitca.blogspot.com/>

Leggimi su Estropico Blog <http://estropico.blogspot.com/>

*Mirco Romanato*

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 10.0.1204 / Database dei virus: 1498/3508 -  Data di rilascio: 15/03/2011