[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:05:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> The bottom line actual facts on the ground is that to date, over decades of  use, even with far less than state of the art systems, that energy produced by nuclear power is safer and has harmed or killed far less people than anything other source used at the same scale.   That isn't theory or bias but the actual historical fact of the matter.

Yes.  Which is to say the gazillion tons of coal which would have been
burned in its place,  the 2.5 gazillion tons CO2 which would have been
put into the atmosphere, the H2SO4 (ie source of acid rain), or the
radioactive plume of thousands (my guess) of tons of Uranium and
Thorium (How much cancer has resulted from the plume generated by the
"four corners" coal burning power plant?).

Best, Jeff Davis

            "Everything's hard till you know how to do it"
                                                             Ray Charles