[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Mar 16 07:53:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 04:05:00PM -0600, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > The bottom line actual facts on the ground is that to date, over decades of  use, even with far less than state of the art systems, that energy produced by nuclear power is safer and has harmed or killed far less people than anything other source used at the same scale.   That isn't theory or bias but the actual historical fact of the matter.
>
> Yes.  Which is to say the gazillion tons of coal which would have been
> burned in its place,  the 2.5 gazillion tons CO2 which would have been

Do you what the photosynthesis efficiency in the Carboniferous
was? And what the conversion efficiency to fossil was? Ridiculous,
huh?

So why does everyone keep ignoring the primary, which
is 2 kg/s, and that's just this planet's crossection?
Can people really be that bad at basic arithmetics?

Hey, look! http://www.theoildrum.com/tag/peak_coal