[ExI] Which nootropics work best?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 17 01:25:49 UTC 2011

On Behalf Of Harvey Newstrom
Subject: Re: [ExI] Which nootropics work best?

Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote,
>>... real evidence for most of the enhancers discussed there is slim

>...This is unfortunately what I have found as well.  I found minor effects
here and there that might seem like they could help.  But few objective
results that can actually be verified and replicated. -- Harvey Newstrom...

What looks to be missing is a lookalike placebo for every one of these
nootropics.  In order for me to determine if the substance is doing anything
for me, I need someone to set up a number of identified bottles, some with
the medication, some with the lookalike placebo, then I need to take them
for a while in some random order, then write out what I think happened, and
preferably evaluate daily using some kind of numerical metrics, such as
energy level, alertness, sleepfulness, etc.  Do these things have placebo
lookalikes?