[ExI] Are mini nuclear power stations the way forward?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 17 03:40:28 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] Are mini nuclear power stations the way forward?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> ...  Nuclear power, including safer nuke technology, has been given a
death blow.

>...Everything happens in cycles.  So we spend a miserable 10-20 years
winding up really big springs and other such silliness in fear of what might
go wrong with more complicated "high tech."  Then someone will remember that
nuclear provided a considerable amount of inexpensive power ...

Mike, we don't have 10-20 years.  The problem is that the Japanese quake has
scared off nuclear power investors now.  We will be forced to lower
consumption by market forces, and that includes lower consumption of food.