[ExI] note from a foaf in japan

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:50:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM,  wrote:
> Japan works on just-in-time delivery of every part, and every bite of food and
> fuel. There is no such things as warehouses much anymore. So with power out,
> little fuel, roads and infrastructure damaged so badly torn up and ports
> destroyed on their side of the country, recovery is a huge and almost
> impossible recovery job…but they will recover.

One financial blogger I read commented that just as the giant bank
CEOs behaved recklessly because they knew they would be bailed out by
the government, it is becoming apparent that industrial CEOs also
behaved in exactly the same reckless fashion. No warehouses meant
bigger profits and larger salaries for the CEOs. Until it doesn't work
anymore.   Now the government has to step in and do the food
distribution.

Similar for GM in USA, etc. etc.

BillK